The Membership Sales Manager’s responsibilities include acquisition of new clients.The position is responsible for highlighting each product or service provided at the Kroc Center, providing sales and customer service within the customer experience.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direction and oversight to Member Services Associates and Sales Associates as related to recruitment of new members and sales of membership to walk-ins, center guests, and phone inquiries regarding center membership.
- Achieve or maintain membership volume targets through a variety of sound sales techniques including conducting thorough tours, developing follow-up processes with membership inquiries, active pursuit of member referrals, development of corporate and civic relationships, medical and general community contacts.
- Assist in the development of and to work within department’s operating budget(s).
- Coordinate internal and external communication and implement recruitment strategies to acquire membership in collaboration with Kroc staff and Divisional Marketing and Communications Director; this will include (but not limited to) direct mail, membership mailings, print advertising, advertising in appropriate publications, and website information.
- Communicate a complete understanding of center services, fees and hours or operation to prospects, members, Kroc staff, and the community.
- Oversee all aspects of training of all Member Service and Sales Associates on job related functions via regular staff meetings and/or training sessions.
- Ability to take the responsibility for all aspects of the work shift, including delegation of duties and tasks, as well as direction and control of daily workload for the sales staff.
- Perform public speaking engagements for community groups, employers, area corporations and others to create positive public relations for the center and client.
- Participate in operational oversight as related to departments integral to center membership growth and attend management meetings, as scheduled.
- Develop and implement a coordinated plan to integrate Kroc Center information sharing and membership with other campus-wide initiatives, including (but not limited to) center space rentals, partnerships, and outside groups that utilize Kroc facilities.
- Promote, sell, and support each product line or service provide at the Kroc Center, including membership, programs, events & rentals and corps functions.
- Provide ongoing feedback and contribute to annual performance reviews for all Member Services and Sales Associates.
- Work towards meeting departmental and organizational goals.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures including the use of the facility paging system.
- Represent the center by attending off-site events such as health fairs and corporate events with the intent of sharing center information and procuring memberships.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during interactions and in on-going work related relationships with all persons at the center including (but not limited to) members, guests and co-workers as provided in the Employee Handbook at the time of hire.
- Assume primary responsibility in the sales of new memberships outside and inside the center, including off-site enrollment as appropriate.
- Be proficient in use of center software system(s) that track member sales and retention success; contribute to the analysis of and recommendations to improve the CCMS system as it relates to sales, overall customer experience, and reporting.
- Continue to provide excellence in customer service while assisting multiple people with various needs.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees, guests and members of the Kroc Center.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and evenings as may be required in performance of duties or as requested to support the ongoing operations of the Kroc Center.
- Perform other assignment/duties as directed.
Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this important position.
The Salvation Army reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Its facilities and vehicles provide a smoke and drug free work environment for all employees and volunteers.
It is expected that each employee will be familiar with The Salvation Army Handbook for Employees. Questions regarding its contents can be directed toward the Human Resource Department or Immediate Supervisor.