- Provides and ensures a safe, clean and normalized home-like environment at all times. Informs Program Coordinator of Physical Plant needs.
- Promptly informs the Program Coordinator/Assistant Program Coordinator of any serious incident or violations of resident and/or staff rights, per established policies.
- Development of A.D.L. (Activities of Daily Living) and ILS (Independent Living Skills) as it relates to residents.
- Maintains and submits timely and accurate records and reports regarding the development status, progress and other related information concerning the residents. This includes, but not limited to, daily goal data, monthly progress notes, summaries and other reports, as required.
- Implements treatment plans by providing training to resident in specific performances areas, including but not limited to activities of daily living, food planning and preparation, house and room maintenance, budgeting and money management, recreation and leisure time activities.
- Appropriately communicates to staff and supervisors, both verbally and in writing (i.e. incident reports, residence’s log book) pertinent residents and/or program issues, ensuring the continuity of care and efficient operation of the residence. Read residence log book daily.
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment meetings and regularly scheduled residents reviews, as required.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of each resident’s medical, psychological, cognitive and social needs and ensures that programming is appropriate to needs and treatment goals.
- Organizes assists, supervises and, when necessary, prepares meals for residents.
- Assumes responsibility for agency and/or resident funds personally assigned for purposes of making residents or program purchases.
- Direct Support Professional must remain on duty until they are relieved by replacement Direct Support Professional staff.
- “Other duties as assigned”
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of persons and population served.
The essential functions for the job include, but are not limited to, the duties in the job description.