High school diploma or equivalent. Three (3) or more years prior work experience in a food services / food pantry setting. Prior experience supervising and/or coordinating the work of volunteers. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Word and Excel). Knowledge of various email applications (i.e., Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes). Good organization skills and timely follow up skills to insure that any concerns are reported timely, clearly, and addressed in an appropriate time frame for overall cleanliness and safety. Must have good written and verbal communication skills. (Bi-lingual English / Spanish a plus.) Must have an understanding of an appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army. Must possess an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army and the Camden Kroc Center’s Core Values.
Contact: Please send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to:
Attn: Robert Baker
The Salvation Army
915 Haddon Avenue
Camden, NJ 08103
No phone calls, please.
Released by the Kroc Center Administrator on May 27, 2014.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Camden Kroc Center’s Core Values
1. We are called to love. We are compelled to share the love of Jesus Christ through service.
2. We hold on tight to what is good and fight what is evil. We are committed to positive change.
3. We work with all our heart. We are committed to industry best practices.
4. We celebrate life with a joyful workplace. We believe that we can work hard and have fun while doing it.
5. We serve those in need. We give a place of honor to those in need.
6. We practice patience, humility, and peace. We are a team, and we practice team work.
7. We believe in the power of prayer. God is our center, and all decisions run through Him.