The main function of the Fitness Attendant is to ensure the safe use of the facilities by assisting patrons as needed in the Fitness department. Duties and Responsibilities: a)Ensure the most enjoyable experience for all RJKCCC guests. b) Maintain all public and restricted areas in a neat and clean fashion. c) Generate legible and accurate accident and incident reports as required. d) Ensure Guest safety e) Assist and direct Guests in moving about the facility to avoid crowded conditions and maximize service efficiency. f) Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures. g) Work in a cooperative manner with the other team members of the Fitness department. h) Attend all scheduled staff meetings and management team. meetings i) Maintain cleanliness of facility by cleaning equipment and training areas, vacuuming and sweeping. j) Promote member self-cleaning of equipment by ensuring cleaning bottles are full and readily visible and available along with hand towels. k) Enforce food and beverage consumption rules within Fitness areas. l) Offer regular fitness center orientation/instructional sessions to the members at various times throughout the day. m) Circulate regularly throughout the fitness area including the circuit and free weight areas, the cardio loft and the group exercise rooms, insuring proper usage by patrons n) Provide information and answer questions about available programs. o) Report all equipment and fitness area problems to the Recreation & Fitness Coordinator. p) Enforce all rules that pertain to the fitness and exercise room and facility on a consistent basis. q) Handle disputes with members in a professional manner. r) Report all harmful problems with facilities to the Recreation & Fitness Coordinator or Program Manager. s) Ensure customer service standards are met. t) Develop systems that safeguard any and all facilities, supplies and equipment related to the Recreation Program. u) See that all injuries for those under your program whether employee, volunteer, visitor, or spectator report all injuries in a timely manner and according to procedure. v) Perform other duties as assigned w) To represent The Salvation Army’s spiritual and social mission.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Must have exercise equipment knowledge. One or more years experience in a public exercise facility.
- Must be able to express his or her knowledge on the form and function of each piece of equipment and can demonstrate its proper use.
- Must have the ability to confidently speak and instruct groups of people consisting of individuals with varying age, experience, competency and cultural backgrounds.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office and similar applications are preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must have ability to work and relate well with people.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR/First Aid certification within first 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs.
- Have a Philosophy of education and child development, which is consistent with that of the Center and The Salvation Army.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
Miscellaneous: Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this important position.
The Salvation Army reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Its facilities and vehicles provide a smoke and drug free work environment for all employees and volunteers.