Provide supervision of the operation of the program during assigned shirts, which may include afternoon, evening or over night awake or weekend hours.
1. Maintain the safety and security of the residents and the facility. Enforce program rules, including resident and guest sign-in and curfew. Monitor phone and door. Conduct regular building checks. Provide crisis and emergency intervention in corporation with on-call staff.
2. In keeping with program policies and procedures, develop and maintain appropriate, supportive and positive individual and group relations with residents, in order to build resident self-esteem and promote positive social skills.
3. Act as a team member in consultation with residential and case management staff regarding needs of residents and goal plans.
4. Maintain written records of interaction with residents to ensure program accountability
5. Supervise, participate in and plan appropriate and organized in house social, recreational and educational activities with residents as scheduled and approved by the Director, to promote individual learning and community connectedness.
6. Represent The Salvation Army's mission in the Teen Parent Program and in all spheres of influence.
7. Refer all individuals with spiritual needs to The Salvation Army Officer in charge of the Fall River Corps, who is an ordained minister of the gospel.
8. Perform other duties to assist the young families and assist in the smooth running of The Salvation Army Gentle Arms Teen Parent Program.