- Involvement in the total program with willingness to help in all areas as needed, including dining room, outdoor/indoor activities, children with problems, daily assembly, etc.
- Promote observance of the moral and ethical code affecting children and staff.
- Responsible to complete Orientation Sessions and attend all parent meetings.
- Attend and contribute to Program Leadership Meetings.
- Help plan and conduct General Staff Meetings.
- Responsible for sharing with the Program Director and/or Corps Officers, all matters of mutual concern relating to the total welfare of the GAINS Program.
- Assists Program Director, in advancing the mission of The Salvation Army G.A.I.N.S. Program.
- Complete a Debrief at the end of the school year & summer camp session to include areas of concern for following program year.
- Responsible for the leadership and guidance of assigned children and your assigned staff.
- Assume responsibility for the health, cleanliness, good habits, welfare and happiness of all children and staff, but especially those under your direct supervision.
- Maintain a high level of interaction with children and staff; also be a constructive member of the Leadership contributing in every possible way to the health, harmony and happiness of the Brownsville Corps family.
- Coordinate daily assembly as assigned by the Program Director.
- Voice criticisms to the Program Directors first and respond positively to their directives, thereafter.
- Communicate with the Group Leader as soon as possible (in private), for actions of staff members that put the health and safety of children at risk. Report all incidents minor or major.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups of various ages and skill levels, and provide necessary instruction to children and/or staff.
- Ability to identify and physically respond appropriately and quickly to emergency situations, as needed.
- Responsible to lead, organize and administer the classes geared to ages, interests and abilities of the participants and supervise assigned staff.
- Assume responsibility for activity area, proper use of supplies, maintaining inventory and requesting additional supplies as needed.
- Display creativity and innovation in programming.
- Set-up a monthly activity schedule to be submitted to the Program Director prior to the beginning of each month