Principal Functions: The main function of the Kidspace Attendant is to provide short-term supervision to the children of members and program participants. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure the most enjoyable experience for all RJKCCC guests.
2. Maintain all public and restricted areas in a neat and clean fashion.
3. Generate legible and accurate accident and incident reports as required.
4. Ensure that events and activities begin and end on time.
5. Immediately rectify and/or report any potentially unsafe conditions.
6. Assist and direct Guests in moving about the facility to avoid crowded conditions and maximize service efficiency.
7. Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
8. Assist children with self-care (assisting children in the restroom) as required.
9. Enforce food and beverage consumption rules within Kidspace.
10. Maintain cleanliness of facility by cleaning equipment and dusting, vacuuming and sweeping.
11. Work in a cooperative manner with the other team members of the department.
12. Attend all scheduled staff meetings and management team meetings.
13. Ensure the safe use of the facility by enforcement of facility regulations and ensuring that authorized patrons use the facility.
14. Provide information and answer questions about available programs.
15. Work with volunteers.
16. Assist in any emergencies or accidents in a calm and professional manner.
17. Handle disputes with participants and students in a professional manner.
18. Maintain a safe working environment; Report all harmful problems with facilities to the Education Coordinator or proper supervisor.
19. Ensure customer service standards are met; report improved upon issues that arise to Education Coordinator or in his/her absence the Program & Development Manager for direct follow-up.
20. See that all injuries for those under your program whether employee, volunteer, visitor, or spectator report all injuries in a timely manner and according to procedure.
21. Must attend and complete child safety training as facilitated by the Salvation Army. 22. Perform other duties as assigned and more appropriately defined in the operations manual.
23. To represent The Salvation Army’s spiritual and social mission.