The main functions of the Aquatic Coordinator is to ensure the safety of all patron, assist the Aquatic Manager in opening or closing the facility, supervise and manage the lifeguard staff, and maintain the safety of the aquatic facility acting as a role model for the lifeguard staff and guests. The Aquatics Coordinator is Responsible for providing coverage in absence of the Aquatic Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure patron safety at all times.
Be prepared to act quickly and correctly at all times, especially in times of emergency.
Monitor lifeguard performance and implement training strategies.
Act as a role model for the lifeguard staff.
Initiate the enactment of the facilities Emergency Action Plan.
Supervise, hire, train, direct, and evaluate the work efforts of all aquatic staff, which includes head lifeguard, lifeguards, and swim instructors as assigned.
Assist in providing training to all lifeguards regarding life saving techniques and water safety principles and test and evaluate lifeguards on an ongoing basis.
As part of the Aquatic Management Team, work with the Aquatic Manager to recruit, hire, schedule, and monitor all lifeguard and instructor staff.
Create and update the lifeguard, pool, and instructor schedules when required.
Assist in, Run, and Implement Aquatics programming.
Complete and maintain a variety of reports, forms, files, and other records as required in an accurate and timely manner.
Work as part of the Aquatic Supervisory Team to maintain smooth operations of the pool year round; this person will be required to work as a lifeguard or Water Safety Instructor when staffing requires.
Create a positive experience for patrons through professional and courteous behavior.
Provide excellent internal and external customer service. Serve as a representative of The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center and its mission.
Provide safety for patrons by educating them of the rules and policies in a positive polite way.
Participate and run in-service training, orientations and other staff meetings as required.
Practice safe work habits and contribute to the safety of self, co-workers, and the general public.
Complete applicable reports and records.
Ability to work effectively as a team player.
Be familiar with all schedules and any posted changes for the facility.
Perform other related duties as assigned, including occasional cleaning shifts.
Report all injuries in a timely manner and according to procedure.
Must attend and complete Child Safety training (Safe From Harm) as facilitated by The Salvation Army.
Assist in maintaining the Filtration system, and participate in general maintenance procedures.
Must attend and complete Right to Know Training as facilitated by the Salvation Army.
Perform other duties as assigned and more appropriately defined in the operations manual.
To represent The Salvation Army’s spiritual and social mission
- General: Effective verbal and written communication, ability to multi-task, ability to follow instructions and complete tasks in a safe and effective manner. Must be able to adhere to safe aquatic practices, deal comfortably with stressful situations, and follow emergency procedures.
- The person in this position must have the ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. They must be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances. Must be able to exercise good judgment and be comfortable taking initiative with projects.
- Must be able to perform tasks of a repetitive nature without diminished performance.
- Must be able to bend, squat, twist, and stand, as these movements are a regular requirement of this position.
- Must be physically able to give emergency care if a situation arises.
Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this important position.
The Salvation Army reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Its facilities and vehicles provide a smoke and drug free work environment for all employees and volunteers.